Saluting women power behind the Swachhta movement, launched by PM Narendra Modi, Swacch Bharat Mission is announcing nationwide launch of Swacch Shakti Saptah (Clean Power Week) from 1st March to 8th March 2017.
Highlights of Swacch Shakti Saptah are –
- National launch by Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water & Sanitation, Manohar Lal, Chief Minister of Haryana and Om Prakash Dhankar, Minister, Government of Haryana on 1st March 2017 at Tau Devi Lal Stadium, Gurugram
- Honouring local women champions
- Events depicting women’s role and leadership in SBM (G)
- Events on girl child and sanitation in schools
- District and State level events
- Swacch Shakti 2017 – A National Convention of women Sarpanches in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on 8th March, 2017 to be addressed by the Prime Minister in the presence of Sumitra Mahajan, Speaker Lok Sabha; Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water & Sanitation and Vijay Rupani, Chief Minister of Gujarat
Latest milestones –
- 100 Open Defecation Free (ODF) Districts
- 1.66 lakh ODF Villages
Issued by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Government of India.