National Book Trust India and India Trade Promotion Organisation are organizing New World Book Fair from 7 to 15 January 2017 at Pragati Maidan. Fair is organized at hall no. – 7 (A-E) 8-11, 12, 12A, 14, 18 and Hangar 18A.
The fair will be inaugurated at 11 am today by Minister of State for Human Resource Development (Higher Education) Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Jnanpith Awardee Odia Writer Pratibha Ray will be guest of honour and Ambassador of the Delegation of the European Union to India Tomasz Kozlowski will be the special guest. Inauguration event will be held at Hamsadhwani Theatre, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Highlights of the World Book Fair 2017 –
- New Homelands: Indian Diaspora in the European Union: A photography exhibition organised by The Delegation of European Union to India
- Happy Chinese New Year: A photography exhibition organised by Cultural Department, Embassy of the People’s Republic of India, New Delhi
- The Complete Walk: Screening of films based on William Shakespeare’s plays to commemorate his 400th death anniversary. Organised by British Council, New Delhi
- Theme presentation: Manushi
Special attractions at World Book Fair 2017 –
- CEO Speak, a forum for publishing
- New Delh Rights Table
- International Events Corner
- Authors’ Corner
- Seminars & Discussions
- Theme pavilion & children’s pavilion
- Cultural performances
World Book Fair organiser: National Book Trust, India and Supported by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India