Inspired by the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) has set a world record by replacing 2 lakh Sodium Lights with LED Lights on Municipal Roads in the shortest possible time, making the world’s largest Street Light Replacement Project. In the second phase, SDMC has started replacement / installation of another 75,000 lights.
- Savings of 6 crore units of electricity and reducing CO2 gas generation by 44,000 tonnes every year
- Total savings of Rs. 425 crores in 7 years and after repayment of annuity, the net savings wll be Rs. 125 crores to the tax payers
- New savings of Rs. 60 crores every year thereafter
- Dedicated Centralized Control & Monitoring System (CCMS) enabling Automated Switching System (on & off) of street lights and remote identification of faults with integrated IT technology
- No initial investment by SDMC for the Project
Project funding and implementation by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) – An undertaking of Ministry of Power and facilitation by BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL)
South Delhi Municipal Corporation slogan: Thinking of you…always!