Haryana Ek Haryanvi Ek. (One Haryana, One Haryanvi)
In order to transform Haryana & progress Haryana, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has issued a public notice under Haryana Swarna Utsav which is being organized from 1st November 2016 to 31st October 2017. Notice is an information in public interest by Health Department, Haryana under the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA) 2003, Section-4 –
- Don’t smoke at public places (schools, colleges, government and non-government offices, cinemas, hotels, railway station etc.)
- Don’t allow use of tobacco products within the range of office by owner, supervisor or organiser
- Display of warning signages as specified in the Act is mandatory
- Displaying name and phone number of nodal officer on warning signages is mandatory
- Don’t present ast tray, lighter and match box at public places
Violation of above rules would result in an imposement of a fine of Rs. 200. The advert ends with a slogan, “Let’s join hands together make Haryana tobacco free”.
Issued by State Tobacco Control Cell, National Health Mission, Health Department, Haryana.