Inspired by his father & former Uttar Pradesh CM Mulayam Singh Yadav, UP CM Akhilesh Yadav laid foundation stone of nation’s longest i.e. 353 km 6 lane Samajwadi Purvanchal Expressway at Ch. Charan Sigh Statue near Vidhan Bhavan.
Highlights of Samajwadi Purvanchal Expressway:
- 353.406 KM long 6 lane expressway which can be extended up to 8 lanes
- Journey by road between Lucknow to Ballia can be covered in 4 hours (approx.)
- Provision of Air Strip near Azamgarh for use in emergency by Indian Air Force
- Prominent cities covered: Lucknow, Barabanki, Amethi, Sultanpur, Amazgarh, Mau, Ghazipur, Ballia
Benefits of Samajwadi Purvanchal Expressway:
- The state’s socio-economic status will rise with the completion of this expressway as it will prove to be a catalyst for development of agriculture, commercial tourism and industrial activities in the region by providing direct high speed connectivity within the State and the National Capital as well.