India eyes the future… Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas organized 6th Petrochemical Conclave at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar in Gujarat. “With growing middle class and the growing economy, per capita consumption of polymers is going to grow.” says PM Narendra Modi. Theme of the conclave was India Petrochemicals 2030 – Opportunities and Challenges.
Ananth Kumar, Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers, Dharmendra Pradhan, MOS (I/C) for Petroleum & Natural Gas, Nitin Patel, Dy. Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mansukh L Mandaviya, MOS for Chemicals & Fertilizers were present at the event.
Industry highlights –
- India to drive global petrochemicals growth in the next decade
- Size of Indian petrochemicals industry estimated at USD 40 Billion
- Double-digit growth registered over the last decade
- A big contributor to employment generation
- 70 international petrochemical companies participating in conclave